Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sympathy cards: packet of ten

1. Wrapped and sold in bulk as
2. Economies of scale are due
3. One for now perhaps and others in store
4. Now sorrowed prepared
5. To offer condolences
6. On sale at local
7. Retirement homes this offer is sure not to
8. Last
9. The shelves do not choose their tenants
10. But bulk bought cards
11. Packaged and sold
12. One packet should last for a while
13. Who buys sympathy en mass?
14. One saving time would need none!

First written on 11th April 1996, stemmed from a conversation with Jean

2 comments:

  1. I like it; however, I really don't get line fourteen. It's cryptic to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not all the words will relate to everyone. My guess is that if the motivation to purchase a packet of ten sympathy cards is efficiency the character is possibly less likely to need many. I saw a loss of human spirit to the thought of buying a bulk supply of these cards.

    ReplyDelete

Followers